An exit strategy reflects how a company will create liquidity for its investors and shareholders. The exit strategy for the vast majority of startups will be a merger or acquisition (M&A). Here are some thoughts and considerations for M&As.
- Exit Strategies — IPO vs. M&A, a panel discussion by Peter Astiz, Royal Farros, and Rod Howard
- How to Sell a Startup, Paul Graham discusses his experiences in selling Viaweb to Yahoo
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies, the authors of the best selling business book discuss what makes for a great company
- Mergers, Partnering, Restructuring: Blending Cultures in the New Company, Peg Neuhauser discusses the problems and issues in merging cultures together after a merger.
- Lessons in Leadership, Eric Benhamou, May 5, 2005